This document explains the new site or redesign process for sites launched by the LexBlog Success team.
If you are launching your own site, please follow the steps in our Getting Started guide.
If you would like to create a new site or redesign an existing site, please submit a support request.
Phase 1: Kickoff
We will plan the focus and concept of your site with the LexBlog team. You and your team should:
- Identify the site stakeholders. Who will be involved in the design process or write for the blog?
- Schedule a design call at https://lexblogdesign.youcanbook.me/. To make the most of your time, please have all stakeholders present for the call.
- Submit the LexBlog technical and strategy questionnaires.
If you have not completed the questionnaires:
- Choose a primary domain for your site. LexBlog can purchase up to two non-premium domains, or you may purchase your own. If you purchase a domain, you'll need to update the name servers.
- Create a Disqus account to moderate blog comments. Send your Disqus username to LexBlog.
- Send LexBlog your Gmail or Google Apps email address to access Google Analytics.
Phase 2: Design
We develop a visual theme based off of your feedback from the design call.
The design phase consists of two milestones, Design Discovery and Design Reveal:
- Join the design call to discuss layout, colors, typography, fonts, imagery, and general design preferences.
- Share your branding guidelines with our design team. Please send any firm logos in an AI or EPS file format.
- Our design team will produce the initial design of your pre-live site.
- When the initial design is complete, we will send a link view the pre-live site. This starts the design revision round.
- You assess the design with the site stakeholders and request adjustments with our designer.
- If necessary, request another design revision round.
- Approve the final design.
Phase 3: Pre-launch review
We guide you through setting up users, adding post content and page copy, and finalizing the setup of associated services.
- Add users and update their profiles.
- Add content to About, Services, Author, or other static pages.
- Publish 2-3 posts.
- If this a new blog on our network, we will send you an email to verify your MailChimp email "send from" domain.
- If this is a redesign from one of our current sites, LexBlog will migrate content to the new pre-live site.
Phase 4: Launch
We will confirm the launch details and schedule your launch date.
- Schedule your launch date with the LexBlog Success Team. We typically schedule launches Tuesdays through Thursdays.
- Carefully review the launch confirmation details sent by LexBlog.
- On the launch day, remind all users to stay logged out of the site until we confirm with you that the site is live.