Before your site launches, we block indexing by search engines like Google and Bing. This keeps your site from appearing in search results before you're ready for it to be public. After your site launches, you should allow search engines to crawl it and add your content to their indexes. You can also turn off indexing at any time. This article explains how to allow search engine indexing.
Note: After you set your indexing preferences, it can take several days for your site to appear or disappear from search engine results.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Administrator role.
- Your site must be on a Professional, Boutique or Full Service plan.
- Your site must be launched and pointing to its domain, i.e., http://www.yoursite.com/.
- Log in to your site.
- Navigate to Site Settings > SEO.
- Under Search Engine Indexing, select Allow.
- Click Submit.