You can create links that jump a reader to specific text in a post or page. First you add anchor text to the section where your readers will jump. Then you add a link to the anchor text in another part of the post. This article explains adding a jump link.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Contributor role or higher.
- You'll need some basic HTML knowledge.
- Know how to add links to a post.
- Add a post to your site.
- In the post editor, click the Text tab. Locate the text where you want your readers to land after they click the link.*
- Wrap the text in an HTML paragraph tag. Give the tag an id attribute. For example:
<p id="anchorname">The text where readers will land.</p>
Copy or make note of the id attribute tag.
- In the post editor, click the Visual tab. Select the text where you want to add the jump link.
- Click the Insert/edit link button.
- In the link editor, enter a # sign and the attribute id (without quotes) from step 3. For example:
- Press Enter.
*For Customers Using the Block Editor
The Text editor can be accessed by clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right of the screen to open the page menu, then clicking on Code editor under the Editor section.