You can create links that jump a reader to specific text in a post. First you add anchor text to the section where your readers will jump. Then you add a link to the anchor text in another part of the post. This article explains adding anchor text to a post.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Contributor role or higher.
- You'll need some basic HTML knowledge.
- Know how to add links to a post.
- Add a post to your site.
- In the editor, click the Text tab. Locate the text where you want your readers to land.
- Wrap the text in an HTML paragraph tag with an id attribute:
<p id="#anchorname">The text where readers will land.</p>
Copy the attribute tag you select as the id.
- Click the Visual tab. Select the text where you want to add the link.
- Click the Insert/edit link button.
- In the link editor, enter the id attribute (without quotes) from step 3:
- Click Apply.