You can create links that jump a reader to specific text in a post or page. First you add anchor text to the section where your readers will jump. Then you add a link to the anchor text in another part of the post. This article explains adding a jump link.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Contributor role or higher.
- You'll need some basic HTML knowledge.
- Know how to add links to a post.
- Add a post to your site.
- In the post editor, click the Text tab. Locate the text where you want your readers to land after they click the link.
- Wrap the text in an HTML paragraph tag. Give the tag an id attribute. For example:
<p id="anchorname">The text where readers will land.</p>
Copy or make note of the id attribute tag.
- In the post editor, click the Visual tab. Select the text where you want to add the jump link.
- Click the Insert/edit link button.
- In the link editor, enter a # sign and the attribute id (without quotes) from step 3. For example:
- Press Enter.