Administrators and Editors can change the byline on an author's posts. You may want to reassign all posts by an author before removing their account from your site. By navigating to a list of a user's posts, you can change the author of each one assigned to them. This article explains how to change an author's assigned posts.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Administrator or Editor role.
- Know the basics of changing a post's author.
- If needed, add the new post author to your site.
- Navigate to Users > All Users.
- Click the number under the user's Posts column. The next page displays all posts attributed to that author.
- Hover your mouse over the post title. Click Quick Edit.
- Under Authors, click the author name.
- Type the username or email of the new author. Select the new author.
- Click Update.