Use this document to show you how to add a new Category to a blog.
Before you start
You need a user account with Author or Editor permissions.
1. Log into your blog's dashboard.
2. Navigate to Posts > Categories.
3. Enter the name of the Category in the Name field. Ignore the Slug this will auto-populate.
4. Click "Add New Category".
Alternate Method From Post Editor Steps
1. In the post editor, navigate to the "Category" field.
2. Click "+ Add New Category" link.
3. Enter the name of the Category.
4. Click "Add New Category" button.