We appreciate your business and want to make your blog cancellation as seamless as possible.
We require 30 days notice for all cancellations. After you notify us of the cancellation, we will you send your export files on or around the 15th day of the following month. Your blog will be taken offline on the last day of that month. For example:
- Cancellation notice given: September 25
- Content export files sent: On or around October 15
- Blog taken offline: October 31
Near the 15th day of the month, we will send you:
- Movable Type blogs: A .txt file containing all posts and metadata.
- WordPress blogs: A WordPress WXR (XML) file containing all posts and metadata.
- A CSV file of your email subscribers.
Note: We cannot send export files for accounts with an outstanding balance.
Upon written request, we will:
- Send individual HTML files (Movable Type blogs only), uploaded PDFs, and images in a year/month folder structure (or whatever other folder structure was used).
- Send a PNG screenshot of your homepage.
- Transfer the Google Analytics property to your Google Account. After you have created your Google Analytics account, please add firstname.lastname@example.org at the account level with Manage User and Edit permissions.
- Transfer Feedburner data to your Google account. Please note your RSS feed address will change, and RSS subscribers will be lost unless you ask them to subscribe to another feed. Note: Google no longer supports Feedburner so account transfers may not work.
Note: Mint statistics is no longer supported and we cannot transfer data from that service.
Upon request, we will transfer any domains we registered for your blog to your domain registrar. Domain transfers can take up to 14 days.
Below are the steps you'll need to take for the most common domain registrars: