While we regret when any customer cancels their blog or website, we appreciate your business and want to make the process as easy as possible. As we process the cancellation, we can send you your post content, a list of your email subscribers, and transfer to you the domain and Google Analytics accounts. This article explains the process to cancel a site.
Note: We cannot send export files for accounts with an outstanding balance. After you notify us of the cancellation, we will tell you if your account has a balance.
Send a cancellation notice
To cancel a site, submit a new request.
We require 30 days notice for all cancellations. After we confirm your cancellation notice, we will send your content export files on or around the 15th day of the following month. Your site will be taken offline on the last day of that month. For example:
- Cancellation notice given: September 25
- Content export files sent: On or around October 15
- Site taken offline: October 31
Near the 15th day of the month, we will send you:
- Your site content:
- Movable Type blogs: A TXT file containing all posts and metadata.
- WordPress blogs: A WordPress WXR (XML) file containing all posts and metadata.
- A CSV file of your email subscribers.
Upon written request, we will:
- Send individual HTML files (Movable Type blogs only), uploaded PDFs, and images in a year/month folder structure.
- Send a PNG screenshot of your homepage.
- Transfer the Google Analytics property to your Google Account. After you have created your Google Analytics account, add firstname.lastname@example.org at the account level with Manage User and Edit permissions.
- Transfer Feedburner data to your Google account. Your RSS feed address will change, and RSS subscribers will be lost unless you ask them to subscribe to another feed.
Note: Google no longer updates or provides support for Feedburner. Account transfers may not always work.
Note: Mint statistics is no longer supported and we cannot transfer data from that service.
Upon your request, we will transfer any domain we registered on your behalf to your registrar of choice. See our domain transfers article.