WordPress supports oEmbed to embed videos, polls, quizzes, slide shows, and other media into posts and pages. oEmbed allows you to embed this content using just the URL where the content is hosted. WordPress provides a list of services that use the oEmbed format. This article explains how to embed media in posts or pages.
- We do not host uploaded videos as services like YouTube and Vimeo provide a better user experience.
- Shortcodes for embedding media are not supported.
- Iframe tags are only supported on LexBlog's Premier Managed Platform sites.
- Script tags are disabled for security reasons.
Before you start
- Find or upload media on a supported service.
- Copy the media's URL from your browser address bar:
- Open a post or page to edit.
- Paste the URL into the visual editor. The URL must be on a separate line from all other content.
- Update the post or page.