WordPress supports oEmbed to embed videos and other media in posts or pages with a simple URL. WordPress provides a list of services that use the oEmbed format. This article explains how to embed media in posts or pages.
- We do not host uploaded videos as services like YouTube and Vimeo provide a better user experience.
- Shortcodes for embedding media are not supported.
- Iframe tags are only supported on LexBlog's Premier Managed Platform sites.
- Script tags are disabled for security reasons.
Before you start
- To embed media on a post, you need a user account with Contributor role or higher.
- To embed media on a page, you need a user account with Editor role or higher.
- Find or upload media on a supported service. Copy the media's URL from your browser address bar:
- Open a post or page to edit.
- Paste the URL into the visual editor. The URL must be on a separate line from all other content.
- Update the post or page.