PDF is a common and universal file format. This document explains linking to PDFs in a blog post.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Author role or higher.
- Know the basics of inserting links.
- Save a PDF to your computer.
- Open a post for editing.
- In a new tab, go to Media > Library to open your media library.
- Click Add New > Select Files. In the new window, locate the file on your computer and click Open.
- Click on the thumbnail of the file in the Media Library, then click Copy URL to clipboard.
- Click the X in the upper right corner to close the Media Library browser. Navigate back to the window you're using to edit your post.
- In the post editor, highlight the text you want linked to the file.
- Click the Link button within the paragraph block.
- Paste the copied document URL into the field and click Submit button.