Administrators on our Premier Managed Platform may take a site temporarily offline. If your site is not hosted on our Premier platform, please contact email@example.com. This article explains making your site temporarily unavailable.
Before your start
You'll need a user account with an Administrator role.
Your site must be hosted on the Premier Managed Platform.
- Log in to your site.
- Navigate to Settings > Reading.
- In the Site Visibility section, select Restrict site access to visitors who are logged in or allowed by IP address.
- Choose one of these options in Handle restricted visitors:
- Send them to the WordPress login screen: Redirects any visitor who is not already logged in to the login page.
- Redirect them to a specified web address: Send any visitor to a URL of your choice, entered in the Redirect web address field. Select 307 Temporary as the Redirection status code.
- Show them a simple message: Shows a custom message to any user who isn’t logged in. Enter your message in the Restriction message.
- Show them a specific WordPress page I've created: Redirects any visitor who is not already logged in to a page on the blog. Select the page in the Restricted notice page dropdown.