Users can draft, publish, or delete articles depending on their user role. Users can be added as Editors, Authors, or Contributors.
New users are those who do not have an account on the current platform. Existing users are those who have a user account on another blog on the same platform.
This document explains adding a new or existing user to your blog.
You will need
- The user's email address
- A user account with Editor privileges
Note for adding existing network users:
- Editors on a Premier Managed Platform blog may add an existing user from any other blog on their platform.
- For all other platforms, you must be an Editor both on the blog where the user has an account and on the blog the user needs to access.
- Log in to your blog's administration area: http:://www.yourblog.com/wp-admin/.
- Navigate to Users > Add New.
- If the user has an account on another blog on the same platform, fill out the form under "Add Existing User".
- If the user does not have an account on another blog on the same platform, fill out the fields under "Add New User". The username must be lowercase and cannot contain special characters or spaces.