PDF is a common and universal file format. This document explains linking to PDFs in a blog post.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Author role or higher.
- Know the basics of inserting links.
- Save a PDF to your computer.
- Open a post for editing.
- Click Add Media:
- Click the Upload Files tab, then Select Files. In the new window, locate the file on your computer and click Open.
- Click on the thumbnail of the file in the Media Library. Click the URL and copy it to your clipboard:
- Click the X in the upper right corner to close the Media Library browser.
- In the post editor, highlight the text you want linked to the file.
- Click the Insert/edit link button:
- Paste the copied document URL into the field and press Enter.
*For Customers Using the Block Editor
There is no option to add media directly from the post editor. You would have to log into the blog's back end, click the Media tab in the left sidebar, and upload the PDF there. Once you do, you can repeat the steps listed above.