The List Authors widget displays user names and links to a website or an archive of their posts. This widget is typically used in a blog sidebar. Users with an Administrator role can edit the widget by clicking Appearance > Widgets or Appearance > Customizer. This article explains the List Author widget fields.
List Authors widget fields
Text to display above the author list. This is optional.
Select specific users to display.
Select specific authors to exclude from displaying.
Minimum Number of Posts
Display users who have published a specific number of posts on the blog. To display unpublished authors, enter -1.
Display as Show/Hide?
Toggles whether users display as a list or as an expandable button.
Select how users are sorted:
- User Profile Display Order: Displays users according the the Display Order field in the user's profile.
- Last Name: Sort by the user last name.
- Post Count: Users with a higher post count are displayed first.
Choose where a user's name links:
- Website: The Website URL entered in the user's profile.
- Archive: A list of the author's published posts.