For customers using the Block Editor, click here.
Sometimes you may schedule a post and then decide to unschedule it. Changing the post status to Draft and selecting a publication date in the past removes the Scheduled status. This article explains how to unschedule a post.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Author role or higher..
- Know the basics of scheduling a post.
- For users on the Standard Blog plan see the steps at the end of this article.
- Open a post to edit.
- In the Publish menu on the right, click the Edit link next to Status:
- In the drop-down menu, select Draft, then click OK.
- Next to Scheduled for, click Edit.
- Select a date in the past. Click OK.
If you select a Draft status, the update button will display as Publish. Clicking the button will not publish the post.
- Click Publish.