After you review your site and are ready to make it public, you choose and set up a domain through the Site Settings > Domain Name menu. The yearly domain registration fee is included in your LexBlog subscription.
The steps in the domain setup process can take anywhere from a few minutes to 72 hours. Generally they all take around 2 to 3 hours.
Don't click the final Launch button until you're ready to make your site public.
Find and register a domain
- Click Site Settings > Domain Name.
- Under Domain Registration, select I need to find and register a domain.
- Enter a domain and the extension (e.g. anewlegalsite.com), then click Search. If the domain is available, you can register it or search for another.
- Select I am ready to register and click the Register button. It can take up to an hour to register your domain.
Update the name servers
- Under Domain Registration, select I am ready to add....
- Click Add. It can take up to an hour to add your domain to our name servers.
- Under Domain Registration, select I am ready to change the name servers....
- Click the Update button. It can take up to 24 hours to change the name servers.
Enter your payment information and point the domain
- Under Domain Pointing, click the Point button.
- You will be redirected to the Billing page. Enter your payment information.
- It can take up to 24 hours to point the domain and provision an SSL certificate for your site. The SSL certificate secures your site traffic over https.
Launch your site
Don't click the Launch button before completing all the steps in the review checklist.
- Under Launch, click Launch. You will be logged out of your site and returned to the homepage at your newly registered domain.
- To log back in, go to https://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/.