Google Search Console optimizes your site and monitors its performance in Google search engine results.
You should verify your site with Google Search Console after launching your site.
Before you start, you'll need a Google Account.
- Log in with your Google account at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/.
- Click Add a Property.
- In the Add a Property window, enter your site URL as it appears when you visit the homepage. Include the www if applicable. Click Add.
- On the Verify ownership page, click the Alternate methods tab. Select HTML tag.
- Copy the verification code inside content="xxxxxx".
- Open a new browser tab and log in to your site.
- Navigate to Site Settings > SEO.
- Under Search Engines and Analytics, paste the verification code into Google Search Console Verification. Click Submit.
- Return to your Google Search Console browser tab and click Verify. If you receive an "We weren't able to verify your property" message, you may need to wait a few hours and try again.
- If you get a congratulations message, click Continue.
Once your site is verified, we recommend these steps:
- In Google Search Console, navigate to Search Traffic > International Targeting, and select the country of your target audience.
- Navigate to Crawl > Sitemaps, and click Add/Test Sitemap. Enter sitemap_index.xml in the sitemap field.
- Click Submit. You may need to refresh the page to see your sitemap status as Pending.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right, and select Users and Property Owners. Click Add a New User.
- In the Add a new user window, enter email@example.com with Full Permission, and click Add. This allows LexBlog to perform maintenance or troubleshoot your site.