A successful blog creates a conversation between you, your audience, and the influencers in your industry. Before you can connect with others online, you should identify who will want to read your blog and who is already leading the online conversation.
Finding your audience
Your blog should focus on the needs of your readers. These questions will help focus your posts on your audience:
- Who is most affected by the topics you cover?
- Who needs to stay up-to-date on legal decisions in your market?
- Who is most likely to contact you for work? What do they want to know about your expertise?
Examples of influencers
Influencers are prominent online voices in your industry. Following these voices will help you understand what your audience needs to know.
To find influencers, list out the people writing about your industry:
- Media outlets and journalists
- Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn users with a large following
- Your competitors
- Speakers at professional conferences and events
- Blogs on LexBlog.com channels