Requests to add a site to your Syndication Portal should come via the contact form on the site. While a requirement to submitting this form is providing a valid RSS feed for aggregation, there are times when the submitter will not know how to find this or provides an invalid address. This article explains how to locate an RSS feed on a variety of different content management systems so that you can assist your members.
Before you start
- Have an address to a site from a request to aggregate content
- Copy the URL of the site whose content you wish to aggregate
- Navigate to What CMS?, paste the URL in the form on the page, and click Detect CMS
- What CMS? is a tool to detect the content management system (CMS) on a given URL
- Based on the response provided by What CMS, use one of the documents below to learn how to find an RSS feed on the common CMSs used for blogging
- If the CMS is not in the list above, contact LexBlog for assistance