Google Analytics drops cookies to record visitors to your site and gather information about that visitor. Some examples of cookies used on the LexBlog platform can be seen here. This support article outlines how to enable the Google Analytics Opt-Out feature and how this feature works.
How it works
- When the Cookie Disclaimer tool is activated with the Google Analytics Opt-Out Feature, a user must click the "Accept" button before a Google Analytics Cookie can drop.
- If you want to disable Google Analytics Cookies from dropping altogether, please contact LexBlog support.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Admin role.
- Your site must be on a Blog Plus or Blog Premiere plan.
- The Cookie Disclaimer feature must be activated.
- Log in to your site.
- Navigate to Settings > Cookie Disclaimer
- Update the Message Content and/or Button fields to modify the disclaimer's content
- Update the Position of the disclaimer to be Fixed, Top, or Bottom
- Update the Status of the disclaimer to make it visible or remove it from the view of visitors
- Check the box under Required Consent > Google Analytics to enable the Opt-Out feature.
- Click Submit.
- To adjust the styling of the disclaimer, please contact LexBlog.
- If the Cookie Disclaimer menu item is not visible and your user account is an Editor or Admin and you are on a Blog Plus or Blog Premiere plan, please contact LexBlog.
- Logged in users will not see the disclaimer.