Users with an Administrator or Editor role can add other users to their site. Users can be added as Administrators, Editors, Authors, or Contributors. This document explains adding a user to your site.
If your site is not hosted on our Premier Managed Platform, and the user already belongs to another site, you must be an Administrator or Editor on that site to add the existing user.
If you have a user account on just one site, the Add Existing User field will not appear.
If you choose not to send a password to a new user, their role will be set as a Contributor. If needed, you can later change their role.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Editor role or higher.
- Get the new user's email address.
- Log in to your site.
- Click Users > Add User.
- Fill out the required fields. We recommend using "firstnamelastname" as the format for the username). Make sure to set the display name to be the author's full name.
- Select if you would like the user to receive email campaigns from the site or from LexBlog.com.
- If the user will log in to the site, set their user role. The user will receive an email to set their password. Users who will not log in will be set as a Contributor.
- Click Add New User or Add Existing User.