Users with an Administrator or Editor role can add other users to their site. Users can be added as Administrators, Editors, Authors, or Contributors. This document explains adding a user to your site.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Editor role or higher.
- Get the new user's email address.
- Log in to your site.
- Click Users > Add User.
- You will be prompted to add the email of a user
- If the user is an existing user on the platform, you will be able to assign them a role up to the same level of access you have, and add the user
Note: If the person you are trying to add is not a user on any other sites you are also a user on, they will receive an email invite to confirm they want to be added to the site
- If the user is not on the platform, you will be prompted to add a username (which will be automatically suggested, first and last name, and Display Name. You can also add a user photo, and sign the user up to receive email campaigns from LexBlog.com.
- If the user will log in to the site, set their user role. The user will receive an email to set their password. Users who do not log in will be set as a Contributor.
- At any point, you can edit the user's role in the All Users menu up to your permissions level.