Search engines penalize sites that duplicate content from other sites. Adding a canonical link element lets you publish a post on multiple sites and avoid a duplicate content penalty. This article explains how to add a canonical URL to a post.
Before you start
- In your browser, copy the URL to the original post.
- On the site that will host the copied content, edit the duplicate post.
- Scroll past the content editor to the Yoast SEO box. Click the Advanced gear icon:
- In Canonical URL, paste the URL to the original post.
- Update or publish the post.