Search engines penalize sites that duplicate content from other sites. Adding a canonical link element lets you publish a post on multiple sites and avoid a duplicate content penalty. This article explains how to add a canonical URL to a post.
Available On:Professional*, Blog Pro, Blog Plus and Premiere sites.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account on your site.
- The Yoast SEO tool must be active on your site.
- In your browser, copy the URL to the original post.
- On the site that will host the copied content, edit the duplicate post.
- Scroll past the content editor to the Yoast SEO box. Click the Advanced gear icon:
- In Canonical URL, paste the URL to the original post.
- Update or publish the post.
*Please note: we are no longer offering Professional Plan blogs to new clients. We are still providing full support to clients with existing Professional Plan blogs. For further questions about this, contact our Success Team.