When taking a photo with an Apple iOS device, the orientation of the photo is recorded in EXIF data. When a reader opens a WordPress blog post with their iOS device, the device displays the photo with the original orientation specified in the EXIF data, even if you changed the photo orientation when uploading the photo to the blog post. This is an issue with iOS software, not WordPress.
This article explains how to fix the photo orientation for readers using iOS devices
Before you start
- You'll need a desktop or laptop computer with a basic image editor.
- Download the affected photos to a laptop or desktop computer.
- On the laptop or desktop computer, open the photo with a photo editor or viewer.
- Rotate the photo to the correct orientation and save it.
- Upload the rotated photo to your Wordpress post. Update the post.
- View the post with an iOS device to verify the photo is displaying correctly.