MailChimp sends email campaigns to subscribers after seeing changes in your feed. If you want to add a post without triggering an email, you must set the post publication date before the earliest item displayed on your feed page.
Note: Items published with an earlier date may not appear on your homepage. This article explains how to publish a post without sending an email notification.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Author role or higher.
- Know how to change the publish date.
- Navigate to your feed page at http://www.yoursite.com/feed.
- Scroll down to the earliest item in the feed. Make note of the publication date. For sites using an XML feed, the date is between the <pubDate> </pubDate> tags.
- In your site administration area, navigate to Posts > All Posts. Add a new post or edit an existing post.
- Change the publish date to before the earliest item on your feed page.
- Publish your post.
- Head back to your feed page and make sure your new post doesn't appear there. If the new post is listed, edit the post and choose an earlier publication date.