The List Users widget displays author names and links either to an external website or to an archive of their posts. This widget is typically used in a blog sidebar. Users with an Administrator role can edit the widget by clicking Appearance > Widgets or Appearance > Customize. This article explains the List Author widget fields.
List Users widget fields
Text that will display above the user list. This is optional.
Select specific users to display.
Select specific authors to exclude from displaying.
Minimum Number of Posts
Enter a value if you want to display users who have published a minimum number of posts. To display unpublished authors, enter -1.
Show Expanding/Collapsing List
Toggles whether users display as a list or inside an expandable button.
Select User Order
Select how users are sorted:
- User Profile Display Order: Displays users according to the Display Order field in the user's profile. A Display Order value of 1 will appear above a value of 2.
- Alphabetical by Last Name: Sort by the user last name.
- Number of Posts: Users with a higher post count are displayed first.
Select Display Name Link URL
Choose where a user's name links:
- Website field from Profile: The website URL entered in the user's profile.
- User Archive Page: A page listing the author's published posts.