For security reasons, we may need you to verify your identity for certain support requests. By providing a support PIN, you can prevent unauthorized changes to your site. This article explains how to view your support PIN.
We will ask for your PIN when you contact support for the following types of requests:
- Change requests made over the phone
- Domain transfers
- DNS changes
- Requests for billing information or changes
- Adding users
- Editing user roles
- Removing users
- Cancellation requests
- Google Analytics user access
- Google Analytics property transfers
- Disqus moderator changes
Before you start
- You'll need a user account on your site.
- Log in to your site.
- In the toolbar in the top right, hover your mouse over your display name. The PIN appears below the Log Out link:
- Provide the PIN to LexBlog support.