This document explains the new site or redesign process for sites launched by the LexBlog Success team.
If you are launching your own site, please follow the steps in our Getting Started guide.
If you would like to create a new site or redesign an existing site, please submit a support request.
Phase 1: Kickoff
We will plan the focus and concept of your site with the LexBlog team. If we are creating a brand new site, you’ll add the site’s technical details using the Site Settings Tool. You and your team should:
- Submit the LexBlog strategy questionnaire.
- Identify the site stakeholders. Who will be involved in the design process or write for the blog?
- Schedule a design call at https://lexblogdesign.youcanbook.me/. To make the most of your time, please have all stakeholders present for the call.
For brand new sites, we’ll walk you through adding your technical details to the site using the Site Settings Tool:
- Enter your site’s title and tagline.
- Choose and purchase your live domain name, and set your domain’s nameservers.
- Create Author, Editor, or Administrator users and import them to your site.
- Configure your contact forms.
- Configure your site’s email list and campaign settings (for blogs only).
- Add your firm’s social media links.
Phase 2: Design
We develop a visual theme based off of your feedback from the design call.
The design phase consists of two milestones, Design Discovery and Design Reveal:
- Join the design call to discuss layout, colors, typography, fonts, imagery, and general design preferences.
- Share your branding guidelines with our design team. Please send any firm logos in an AI or EPS file format.
- Our design team will produce the initial design of your pre-live site.
- When the initial design is complete, we will send a link view the pre-live site. This starts the design revision round process.
- You assess the design with the site stakeholders and request adjustments with our designer.
- If necessary, request another design revision round.
- Approve the final design.
Phase 3: Pre-launch review
We guide you through configuring new user profiles, adding/editing your blog post content, and editing/adding your page copy:
- Add user’s biography information, links to their firm bio & social media profiles, and add a user profile photo: Edit a User Profile.
- Add content to your About, Services, or Contact pages: Edit a Page.
- Publish your first posts, include a Category assignment, and add images.
- If this is a redesign from an already established site, LexBlog will migrate content to the new pre-live site.
Phase 4: Launch
We will confirm the launch details and schedule your launch date:
- Schedule your launch date with the LexBlog Success Team.
- Carefully review the launch confirmation details sent by LexBlog.
- On the launch day, remind all users to stay logged out of the site until we confirm with you that the site is live to prevent loss of content.
Phase 5: Post Launch Configuration (New Sites Only)
We will guide you through the final steps with configuring your Analytics, setting up Comment Moderation, and SEO settings:
- Create a Google Analytics Property for your site and add the tracking code to your site.
- Create a Property and Submit your sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Create a Property and Submit your sitemap to Bing Webmaster Tools.
- *If desired, create a Disqus account for comment moderation, find your Disqus username, and set up your site’s Disqus account. *No action is needed if moderating comments is not desired.
- *If desired, review the site title tag, meta description and SEO settings. *LexBlog has written these settings on your behalf.
- *If desired, add a default sharing image for sharing content on social media. *By default, blog post images will appear in social media link previews.