This document explains the new site or redesign process for sites launched by the LexBlog Success team.
If you would like to create a new site or redesign an existing site, please submit a support request.
Phase One: Strategy and Design
The project begins with an initial phase that focuses on strategy and design. The process begins with our Strategy Questionnaire, where we ask you to gather information on who will be blogging, the focus of the publication, your team’s goals and more.
Once that is filled out, you’ll schedule your Strategic Consultation with LexBlog Founder & CEO Kevin O’Keefe.
In addition, we request at this point that you collect and send over any relevant design files.
- Provide a list of authors, editors and administrators
- Complete the strategy questionnaire
- Choose your blog’s title. We’ll discuss this on the Strategy Consultation.
- Provide any brand guidelines, vector-based logos (.eps or .ai or .svg extension) in addition to any existing imagery you would like to be considered for use
- Schedule your Strategic Consultation
Phase Two: Pre-Launch Review & Client Training
LexBlog’s Success team will contact you via email when we’re ready to begin the next phase.
The email will contain a link that will allow you to schedule a day and time to review our work as well as receive training with our Publishing team.
The training will cover both the technical aspects of maintaining your blog and general blogging best practices. If you have example posts that you’d like our Publishing team to take a peek at, please send those over in advance and we can discuss.
What You Should Do To Your Pre-Live Blog Before Launch
- Add all applicable users
- Link user’s firm bio & social media profiles
- Add user’s profile photo
- Add or edit pages on your site
- Add images
- Add category assignments for posts
- Publish your first blog post(s)
Phase Three: Blog Launch
Once you’re happy with your blog, from the content to the design, give us the thumbs up and we’ll work with you to schedule a date to launch your publication to the public.
It’s important that we coordinate this event with the LexBlog Publishing team and your own marketing/business development teams. Both of these groups will need some lead time to prepare the promotion of launching your blog through internal and external news and social channels.
What You Need for a Successful Launch
- Acceptance of LexBlog’s work
- Schedule a launch date with the LexBlog Success team
- Carefully review confirmation details
- Provide background information on the blog and blog authors
- Alert your marketing/business development team(s)
- Get the champagne ready!
Phase Four: Ongoing Efforts
Even after the blog is up and running, we’re always around to help—whether that be strategy or tech-related. Our team will follow up with you one month, three months, nine months and one year after your launch.
Don’t hesitate to reach out on your own, though, if anything comes up outside of these time frames. During any of these outreach efforts, we can offer a blog post review call, discuss analytics or anything else that would be beneficial.