Facebook Open Graph metadata and Twitter Card meta tags control which image appears when your content is shared on Facebook and Twitter. This article explains how to set a default display image on Facebook and Twitter when your posts or pages don't contain an image.
The Facebook Homepage Image appears when your homepage is shared on Facebook or Twitter. The Facebook Default Image appears when a shared post or page doesn't contain an image.
Before you start
- You'll need an Administrator user account on your site.
- Your site must be on a Professional, Boutique, or Full Service plan.
- Obtain an image at the recommended size of 1200 x 630 pixels or larger. The smallest allowed size is 200 x 200 pixels.
- Log in to your site.
- Navigate to Site Settings > SEO.
- Under Facebook Homepage Image or Facebook Default Image, click Upload Image.
- Select an image from your hard drive or Media Library.
- Click Set Image. A preview of the selected image will appear above the Upload Image button.
- Click Submit.