Facebook Open Graph metadata and Twitter Card meta tags control which image appears when your content is shared on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. This article explains how to set your default sharing images. The Facebook Homepage Image appears when your homepage is shared on Facebook or Twitter. The Facebook Default Image appears when a shared post or page doesn't contain an image that meets Facebook's best practices.
Before you start
- You'll need a user account with an Administrator role.
- Per Facebook's guidelines: select an image 1200 x 630 pixels or larger, and "try to keep your images as close to 1.91:1 aspect ratio as possible." The file cannot be larger than 8MB. The smallest allowed size is 200 x 200 pixels.
- Click Site Settings > SEO.
- Under Facebook Homepage Image or Facebook Default Image, click Upload Image.
- Select an image from your hard drive or Media Library.
- Click Set Image. A preview of the selected image will appear above the Upload Image button.
- Click Submit.