If your site is on a Boutique or Full Service plan, you can use the Customizer to add an image in the header. The masthead background image appears behind the site title text. This article explains how to change your masthead background image.
Before you start
- Your site must be on a Boutique or Full Service plan.
- You'll need a user account with an Administrator role.
- Save your image to your computer. For full-width layouts, we recommend an image 1900 pixels by 400 pixels. For fixed-width layouts, we recommend an image 1110 pixels by 300 pixels.
- Log in to your site.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize. In the Customizer, click Header > Masthead.
- Under Masthead Background Image, click Select file. Upload and select the image from your computer.
- If needed, use the menus under the image selector to adjust the background position or background size.
- Click Publish.