If your site is on a Boutique or Full Service plan, you can use the Customizer to display an image on your site background. Depending on your design, the image can display behind the Header, Main Content, or Footer sections. After selecting an image, you can adjust its size and positioning, create a repeating pattern effect, or hide the image on mobile screens. This article explains how to add a body background image.
Before you start
- Your site must be on a Boutique or Full Service plan.
- You'll need a user account with an Administrator role.
- Save your image to your computer. We recommend an image 2500 pixels wide. You may need to fadeout the image on the left, right, and bottom to blend in with the background color.
- Log in to your site.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize. In the Customizer, click Globals > Page Layout.
- Under Body Background Image, click Select file. Upload and select the image from your computer.
- If needed, use the menus below the image selector to adjust the image position, repeat, size, or whether it appears on mobile devices.
- Click Publish.