If you are creating a website or blog with our self-service tools, use this checklist to prepare your site. Some services and setup will apply only to blogs.
Step 1: Set up your site
- Create your site: Go the sign-up link, then follow the instructions for creating your site and user account. The sign-up link will be in an email from LexBlog, or your organization's administrator will send it to you.
- Reset your password: After you create your site, you will receive an email to set your password. Open the email and click the link to reset your password.
- Log in: After you reset your password, log in to your site. Your sign in page address will look something like this:
Step 2: Write your content
- Edit your pages: From your Dashboard, click Pages. Click a page title to edit it. You can also add a page or delete pages you don't want.
- Publish a post (blogs only): Add your first post.
Step 3: Set up user accounts
- Add new users: Create accounts for people who will log in to your site, or for bios that will display on your site.
- Edit user profiles: Open a user's profile to add their bio or upload a user photo.
Step 4: Customize your design
- Open the Customizer: The Customizer lets you change your site colors, font, or add your firm's logo.
- Edit your sidebars or footers: Click Appearance > Widgets. Then, select a widget to customize the text or images.
- Edit your navigation menus: Click Menus to add or remove the pages listed in your header.
Step 5: Set up other services
- Update the links for your social media icons.
- Edit your firm's address that appears in your footer.
- Set your Contact form recipients.
- Customize your title tags and meta descriptions.
- Set the default images when content is shared on Facebook and Twitter.
- Set up an email subscriber list and set up your campaign (for blogs only).
Step 6: Review and launch your site
- Review your site.
- Choose a domain name.
- For blogs only: Set up comments on posts by signing up for a Disqus account and adding your username as a comment moderator in the Site Settings menu.
Step 7: Help people find your site
- Head to Site Settings > SEO to turn on search engine indexing: Tell search engines to crawl your site so it will appear in search results.
- Add a Google Analytics tracking ID: Sign up for Google Analytics, then add the tracking ID to your site.
- You may also want to submit your site to online business listings.